[ALPS-users] execution time of example/parapack/exchange

Synge Todo wistaria at phys.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue May 16 17:02:57 CEST 2017

Dear Dominik,

The parapack scheduler supports parallel workers.
You can run the exchange worker in parallel by using multiple threads or processes provided that

1. the parameters are given by XML files instead of the standard input, and
    (running with standard input is for debugging or testing)
2. multiple threads are assigned to each worker by using -p (--threads-per-clone) option
    (default is -p 1).

Please try, e.g.,

$ parameter2xml exchange.ip
$ mpirun -np 4 ./exchange --mpi --threads-per-clone 4 exchange.ip.in.xml

Best,
Synge