[ALPS-users] execution time of example/parapack/exchange

Dominik Schildknecht dominik.schildknecht at psi.ch
Wed May 17 11:27:11 CEST 2017

Dear Synge,

thanks for your fast reply. I tried your suggestions, however without
success. I wrote a small script (which I appended, if you want to also
test it), which analyses time of execution in several attempts and does
some statistics on it.

It calls the command with

mpirun -np N ./exchange --mpi --threads-per-clone N exchange.ip.in.xml

for N in 1 to 4. It seems that execution time is slightly increasing
with number of MPI cores, such that I assume that this comes from the
additional MPI overhead. However I see no speed-up in terms of parallel
execution of different replicas.

Did I miss something else?
Best,
Dominik