topological invariants calculation on 2D system

Yifan GAO gawcista.gao at connect.ust.hk
Fri Sep 28 12:04:34 CEST 2018

Dear Dominik,

Thanks for your reply! I'm really a rookie in this area.

Now I'm testing silicene(10.1103/PhysRevLett.107.076802) with Z2Pack. I successfully get the edge states by wannier90 calculation. The Z2 invariant should be 1 according to the reference. I set num_band=num_wann=8 to integrate the bands under the fermi level and chose lambda s, t: (s, t, 0) and to calculate lines along ky.

The result given by Z2Pack shows Z2 = 0.  I don't know if there's anything wrong with my calculation?

All the parameters are similar to the Bi example. I changed search_shell in range of 24~96 in order to finish the calculation.

Best regards,

Patric