[SPAM] Troubles calculating Z2 (graphene)

Dominik Gresch greschd at phys.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 24 12:03:42 CET 2016

Dear Jimena,

There is no built-in text output, no. You can of course print the python
objects in any way you like. For example, the following code would
produce a CSV format:

print(', '.join(['t'] + ['wcc' + str(i) for i in
range(len(result.wcc[0]))]))
for t, w in zip(result.t, result.wcc):
     print(', '.join(['{}'] * (len(w) + 1)).format(t, *w))

If the problem is just that you can't plot on the cluster, it might be
easier to just save the data on the cluster, move the file to your
machine, and then load it there (using z2pack.save, z2pack.load
http://z2pack.ethz.ch/doc/2.0/tutorial_surface.html#saving-and-loading-the-result)
to plot.

Finally, in my experience it usually works to plot directly on the
cluster if you use the 'agg' backend for matplotlib. To do this, just add

import matplotlib
matplotlib.use('Agg')

to your script. Note that this statement should be before any other
imports which use matplotlib (so before "import z2pack").

Best,

Dominik