[ALPS-users] Total particle number can not be conserved using ALPS TEBD simulation

Sun Rongyang sun-rongyang at outlook.com
Sun Aug 27 16:52:05 CEST 2017

Dear ALPS users,

When I follow the ALPS TEBD tutorial about hard-core boson model(http://alps.comp-phys.org/mediawiki/index.php/ALPS_2_Tutorials:TEBD-01_bhquench) by Python, I measured the average particle number for each site, i.e. 'Avg Number' except the 'Loschmidt Echo' and 'V' by the following python code:

data = pyalps.load.loadTimeEvolution(pyalps.getResultFiles(prefix='1D_HardcoreBosonModel'), measurements=['Loschmidt Echo', 'V', 'Avg Number'])

Then I found the 'Avg Number' equals 0.3! This means that the total particle number is 0.3*10=3, not 5. In the tutorial, the conserved quantum number is 'N_total': 5. When I change the 'N_total' to 1 and 10, I got the same 'Avg Number'=0.3

Can any one give me some help? Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Rongyang Sun

Rongyang Sun

Ph.D. Candidate

Theoretical Quantum Matter Physics

Institute for Advanced Study, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China

E-mail: sunry15 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn; sun-rongyang at outlook.com