[ALPS-users] Question about installing ALPS through anaconda

Yi-Ping Huang Yiping.Huang at colorado.edu
Sat Aug 19 10:35:02 CEST 2017

Hi,
I try to use
$conda install -c conda-forge alps
to install ALPS using the most updated anaconda package. However, I got the
error message suggesting some dependency issue.

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be in
conflict:
  - alps
  - navigator-updater
Use "conda info <package>" to see the dependencies for each package.

As I try to use conda info navigator-updater to check what is happening, it
somehow suggest navigator-updater 0.1 is build using python 3.6. Is it why
I get the dependency issue?
If so, can I still using anaconda to install ALPS? or I need to build it
from the source files?

Thanks a lot.
Yi-Ping