[ALPS-users] Two-dimensional system with MPS

Michele Dolfi dolfim at phys.ethz.ch
Thu Jul 6 20:37:26 CEST 2017

Hello,

Yes, the code can handle 2d systems.
Yes, to use it you just have to specify the lattice.

Which sizes do you want to run?
Unfortunately running higher dimensional DMRG simulations is a highly non trivial task.
Special care has to be taken for understanding the convergence with respect to the number of sweeps and the MPS bond dimension.
For an example on how to treat it for “just ladders”, you can have a look here: https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.92.195139 <https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.92.195139>

Best regards,
Michele