[ALPS-users] Two-dimensional system with MPS

H w.boson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 06:32:34 CEST 2017

Dear Michele or others,

In your paper (arXiv:1407.0872)'s abstract you mentioned the MPS code can
handle 2D system. Is it as simple as setting the 'LATTICE' parameter to
"open square lattice", or do I need to build a custom 1D lattice with
long-range coupling?

I tried setting 'LATTICE' to "open square lattice" but the results seems
different from my ED result. The system is spinful fermionic. Could it be
due to fermion signs not properly taken care of internally?

Ultimately I need to simulate a small 3D system (3x3x3). Can I use the
internal cubic lattice or do I need to build a custom 1D lattice with
long-range coupling?