[ALPS-users] Is entropy measurement available in MPS_OPTIM of ALPS Prerelease 2.3.0?

Desmond desmond2046 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 04:23:58 CEST 2017

Hi Everyone,

>From previous discussions and the documentations, I know that there is a
hidden function in MPS_OPTIM that can measure the von Neumann entropy and
n=2 Renyi entropy. I am wondering if this function is working in the binary
code of ALPS Prerelease 2.3.0.

When I include "'MEASURE[Entropy]' :1," in my input file, I see at the
final stage of the calculation, there is a message "calculating vN entropy"
on display. However, I could not find any result related to the vN entropy
in the output file.

I am wondering if I did something wrong or I need to compile a newer
version that is not available in binary code.

Thank you in advance!

Desmond