[ALPS-users] Free fermion models and diagonalisation

Michele Dolfi dolfim at phys.ethz.ch
Sat Mar 25 17:41:14 CET 2017

Dear Anya,

1. If you need custom lattices, the easiest option is to write a “graph file”.
https://alps.comp-phys.org/mediawiki/index.php/Tutorials:LatticeHOWTO:SimpleGraphs <https://alps.comp-phys.org/mediawiki/index.php/Tutorials:LatticeHOWTO:SimpleGraphs>
You can then specify different edge types and refer to them in the parameters, e.g. J0 for the value of J on the bond of type 0, J1 for the bond of type 1, etc.

2. I think everything you need is the application example/model/print_symbolic3.cpp

3. The diagonalization applications do not perform any fourier transform of the model automatically. Actually the ALPS model library supports only up to two-body interaction.
The sparsediag and fulldiag codes perform a basis decomposition in symmetry sectors of the translation operator. https://alps.comp-phys.org/mediawiki/index.php/Tutorials:Parameters#Additional_parameters_for_exact_diagonalization <https://alps.comp-phys.org/mediawiki/index.php/Tutorials:Parameters#Additional_parameters_for_exact_diagonalization>
You can disable this feature with the parameter TRANSLATION_SYMMETRY=false

Best,
Michele