[ALPS-users] Free fermion models and diagonalisation

Anya Weng anya.weng.physics at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 06:19:10 CET 2017

 Dear All,
I am new to ALPS and would really appreciate any help on the following -

1. I am trying to numerically reproduce the results in this paper by Chen
and Nussinov (https://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0703633) - the part where they
describe free fermion on the kitaev model.

One can see that the lattice of the fermions is a square one with 2 bond
types(anisotropy). How do I mention that in ALPS?

2. Can I see the matrix elements of the matrix that ALPS diagonalises?
3. Also, does ALPS dmrg, sparsediag, full diag etc use fourier transform
for free fermion models? Where can I see the source codes?
 What if I don't want to FT to momentum space because k will not be a good
quantum number if I introduce some translation symmetry destroying disorder?

Thank you very much,
Anya Weng