[ALPS-users] Conserve quantum number for composite unit cell

Axel Gagge axel.gagge at fysik.su.se
Tue Jan 17 16:10:23 CET 2017

?Hello, I just wanted to ask if it is possible to preserve a combination of quantum numbers such as the total number of excitations:

N = \sum_{bosonic sites} n_j + 1/2 \sum_{spinful sites} s_z

and what the syntax for this would be? I guess that one option would be to define a new quantum number and let Splus raise it by 1/2 but I just thought that I would check this with you first!

Otherwise, thank you for an excellent library! I have had no problems so far with the new release.

Thanks,

/Axel Gagge

First year PhD Student, Stockholm University