[ALPS-users] New ALPS release 2.3.0

Michele Dolfi dolfim at phys.ethz.ch
Mon Jan 16 18:52:10 CET 2017

Dear all,

Version 2.3.0 of ALPS has been released.

The main changes compared to the previous release are:
- Support for Boost > 1.58
- Support for Mac OS 10.10 and 10.11
- Support for Python 3 (only with Boost >= 1.63.0)
- Distribution of binaries via Conda-Forge (Linux, Mac, Win)
- Distribution via Docker image
- Fixes and features in MPS codes
- Fixes and features in Graph library
- Fixes and features in DWA
- Other minor fixes

The source distribution is available on the ALPS website
https://alps.comp-phys.org/mediawiki/index.php/Download_and_install_ALPS_2 <https://alps.comp-phys.org/mediawiki/index.php/Download_and_install_ALPS_2>
+ For new users relying on the binary installation we recommend the cross-platform Conda distribution.
+ For computational clusters we now provide EasyBuild recipes on the official EasyBuild repository. We encourage the use of these recipes.

Some distributions already contain the new version, others will be updated in the next days.

We tried to test on as many systems as we could, but some bugs might still be present.
Do not hesitate to write in case you have problems installing or running the release.
We will schedule some minor release to address your issues.

Best regards,
Michele

--
ETH Zurich