Running Z2 pack with Quantum espresso

Rijan Karkee rijankarkee at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 20:01:11 CEST 2021

Hello Developer,

I have quantum espresso v 6.1 and wannier90 v3.1.0 in my system. I am new
to this and I could not run the examples file for Bi although I copied
everything. I need to compute later in my system of MoS2 and I have no clue
in setting the system.
I went through the website and tried my best to learn. I would say I am a
beginner in Python, I can see some basics things going there.
When I copied the github example and tried running it in my system, I got
the following.
1) Folders were created namely "build', "plots", "results:,  and "scf"
2) The scf calculation ran successfully
3) inside build folder, there were two log file, pw.log seems fine. But
pw2wan.log has following error:

[proxy:0:0 at mrcd103.cluster] HYDU_sock_write (utils/sock/sock.c:286): write
error (Broken pipe)
[proxy:0:0 at mrcd103.cluster] HYD_pmcd_pmip_control_cmd_cb
(pm/pmiserv/pmip_cb.c:958): unable to write to downstream stdin
[proxy:0:0 at mrcd103.cluster] HYDT_dmxu_poll_wait_for_event
(tools/demux/demux_poll.c:76): callback returned error status
[proxy:0:0 at mrcd103.cluster] main (pm/pmiserv/pmip.c:206): demux engine
error waiting for event
[mpiexec at mrcd103.cluster] control_cb (pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_cb.c:200): assert
(!closed) failed
[mpiexec at mrcd103.cluster] HYDT_dmxu_poll_wait_for_event
(tools/demux/demux_poll.c:76): callback returned error status
[mpiexec at mrcd103.cluster] HYD_pmci_wait_for_completion
(pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_pmci.c:198): error waiting for event
[mpiexec at mrcd103.cluster] main (ui/mpich/mpiexec.c:344): process manager
error waiting for completion

4) There is a file called bi.werr that has this information :
 Wannier90: Execution started on 27Jul2021 at 09:57:16
 Exiting.......
 Input parameter nnkpts_block is allowed only if postproc_setup = .true.

I am also new to Wannier90, but then I managed to run a separate
calculation for Wannier90 on MoS2. It was working properly. But the example
for bi.win looks totally different for what I have. Where can I find what
to include and what not to include in input.win file? Can anyone please
help me resolve my issues? Is there any simpler step by step tutorial for
beginners like me?

Thank you

Best
Rijan Karkee