Chern number calculation

Dominik Gresch greschd at gmx.ch
Fri Apr 2 12:22:38 CEST 2021

Dear Surasree,

For computing the Chern number, you can use the "z2pack.invariant.chern"
function
(https://z2pack.greschd.ch/en/latest/reference/invariant.html#z2pack.invariant.chern
<https://z2pack.greschd.ch/en/latest/reference/invariant.html#z2pack.invariant.chern>)
instead of "z2pack.invariant.z2".

In terms of the surface used, you should use a surface that is
completely closed, as opposed to the Z2 calculation where it only covers
half the Brillouin zone.

So, for example: `lamba s, t: [0, s, t]`. The value of "X" in your
example can be freely chosen for Chern number calculations. If the band
structure has a direct gap everywhere the value should be the same for
all X, if there are band gap closures it can change when crossing them.

Best regards,

Dominik