question haldane model

Dominik Gresch greschd at gmx.ch
Mon Aug 3 22:44:13 CEST 2020

Dear Rafael González,

When an integer is passed to the "bands" flag, it is interpreted as the
/number/ of bands to take into account. In your example

  * bands=0: is equivalent to bands=[] - there are no bands to compute
    the Chern number for, which is why it doesn't work
  * bands=1: is equivalent to bands=[0] - it computes the Chern number
    for the lower-energy bands
  * bands=[1] computes the Chern number for the higher-energy band
    (i.e., unoccupied) band - which has the opposite value
  * bands=[0,1] (equivalent to bands=2) - when the whole system (all
    bands) are included, it can be adiabatically connected to a trivial
    system

I hope this helps - let me know if things are still unclear.

Best regards,

Dominik