Wilson loop?

Dominik Gresch greschd at phys.ethz.ch
Fri Mar 24 15:15:18 CET 2017

Dear Young-Joon Song,

If Wien2k has an interface to Wannier90 already, implementing the
interface to Wien2k should be pretty straightforward -- all that is
needed is a function that creates the string which should be in the
k-points file. This is described here:
http://z2pack.ethz.ch/doc/2.0/tutorial_system.html#preparing-k-points-input

As a reference, the implementation of this function for the currently
supported codes can be found here:
https://github.com/Z2PackDev/Z2Pack/blob/master/2.0.x/z2pack/fp/kpoint.py
If you have trouble creating this function, you could also send me an
example how the k-point input should look.

For your second question, I'm not entirely sure if I understood
correctly what you want to do. To get the Wilson loop just along a line,
you can use the line calculation:
http://z2pack.ethz.ch/doc/2.0/line.html#z2pack.line.run

The result of this calculation has an attribute 'wilson', which is the
Wilson loop in the basis of the Wannier orbitals. Note that this
attribute does not exist for the result of first-principles
calculations. The problem with direct first-principles calculations is
that the Wilson loop is generally given in a random basis, which makes
it not very useful. Since keeping the overlaps in this case usually
takes a lot of memory (and runtime for saving) we discard them in that
case, but it would be possible to add a flag which enables keeping them.

Best regards,

Dominik Gresch