Calculate Chern number with an odd number occupied bands in a system

Dominik Gresch greschd at phys.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 7 13:22:23 CET 2017

Dear Xiangru,

This is a limitation from Wannier90 -- with spinor = true, you can only
run systems with an even number of Wannier functions. You should be able
to get around this limitation by adding the first band to the list of
excluded bands (exclude_bands parameter).

The issue is not related to whether you want to calculate the Chern
number or different topological invariants.

Best regards,

Dominik