About the mirror chern number

Dominik Gresch greschd at phys.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 6 14:46:15 CET 2017

Dear Hulei Yu,

Yes, Z2Pack can be used to calculate mirror Chern numbers. The way this
is done is by calculating overlap matrices only for the +i or -i
eigenstates, instead of all bands. This is currently implemented for
Quantum Espresso 5.3 in the 'pw2z2pack' routine. You can find it here:
https://github.com/Z2PackDev/Z2Pack/tree/dev/current/examples/fp/pw2z2pack,
along with an example for SnTe.

Best regards,

Dominik Gresch