calculation for the mirror chern number

Dominik Gresch greschd at phys.ethz.ch
Sat Jul 15 18:03:26 CEST 2017

Dear Myung-Chul,

In order to calculate the mirror Chern number, the given set of states
must be split according to their mirror eigenvalues. The Chern number is
then calculated only for one of these subsets (e.g., only for +i
eigenvalues).

This splitting of eigenstates can be performed as part of the
first-principles calculation that calculates the overlap matrices. An
implementation using Quantum Espresso is available here
<https://github.com/Z2PackDev/Z2Pack/tree/master/2.1.x/examples/fp/pw2z2pack>,
implemented by Gabriel Autès. Unfortunately, there is currently no
general way of doing this for all kinds of systems / codes implemented
in Z2Pack, although we do have some ideas for making this a possibility.

Please let me know if you encounter some issues in using the code linked
above.

Best regards,

Dominik Gresch