KPOINTS file using VASP for Z2pack.fp.system

Dominik Gresch greschd at phys.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 2 09:59:23 CET 2016

Dear Wei Li,

You do not need to include a KPOINTS file in your input. The reason for
this is that Z2Pack dynamically generates a KPOINTS file for each
Wannier charge center calculation. This is the purpose of the
'z2pack.fp.kpoint.vasp' function -- it generates the content of the
KPOINTS file, given a k-point path. The 'kpt_path' variable gives the
name of the file in which this is saved, which is 'KPOINTS' for VASP.

You do not need to create input files called 'z2pack.fp.System', 'input'
or 'KPOINTS'. You just need to set up the input files for VASP (except
the KPOINTS file), and let Z2Pack know where these files are. Z2Pack
then copies the input files into a build folder and generates the
KPOINTS file.

The easiest way to get you started is by using the example given here
(copy the whole directory):
https://github.com/Z2PackDev/Z2Pack/tree/master/2.0.x/examples/fp/Bi_vasp

In this example you just need to add the POTCAR file in the 'input'
folder (I cannot distribute this file because of VASP's license). Then
you should be able to run the 'run.py' script.

Best regards,
Dominik

P.S.: If you are using the older (1.X) version of Z2Pack, the
corresponding version of the example can be found here:
https://github.com/Z2PackDev/Z2Pack/tree/master/1.1.x/examples/fp/Bi_vasp