[ALPS-users] measuring truncation errors in mps_optim

Robertson Esperanza robbie.esperanza at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 04:46:30 CET 2017

Hello,

For a single DMRG simulation in mps_optim, how does the truncation error
scale (roughly) with MAXSTATES and SWEEPS? For example, for the same set of
Hamiltonian parameters, if I decrease the MAXSTATES but increase SWEEPS,
would that increase in SWEEPS be able to "compensate" the decrease in
MAXSTATES, such that i would get almost similar truncation errors for both
simulations?

Regards,
Robertson C. Esperanza