[ALPS-users] Questions about MEASURE_LOCAL_AT in MPS-DMRG

Amir M.Aghaei amir.maghaei at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 20:38:45 CET 2017

Hi,

This is the documentation for 'MEASURE_LOCAL_AT'

MEASURE_LOCAL_AT[NAME]
> Syntax for the value:
> [image: local_at_value.svg]
> Defines a new measurement called NAME where the sequence of operators
> op_1:...:op_n is applied to all tuples of indices (of length *n* like the
> number of operators) listed after the vertical bar symbol.

I have three question:

Q1: Are the indices, (i_11, ...i_1n), the vertex ids or vertex coordinates
or the index of the vertex in some array, or sth else?

Q2: I understand that the restriction i_1 < i_2 < i_3 ... is probably there
to simplify the MPS contraction but is there a simple way to go around it?

Q3: There is no limit on the number of measurement or the number of
operators that can be defined, right?

Amir