[ALPS-users] Long-range electrostatic interactions - Ewald Summation

McMahon, Andrew P andrew.mcmahon13 at imperial.ac.uk
Sun May 14 11:05:43 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Forgive previous email, have now installed the ALPS package and I have tutorials etc running.

I am trying to develop a classical Monte Carlo simulation with long range dipole-dipole interactions, the energy of which will be calculated through an Ewald summation - does anyone have any advice on how best to approach this through ALPS (I don't want to reinvent the wheel if there is already a way to do it in the package)?

I suppose I can just create my own classes and energy methods in a similar fashion to this example http://alps.comp-phys.org/mediawiki/index.php/Tutorials:Code-01_Python, where the developer defines the energy update, is this how you would recommend I do it? I'm trying to think of the most efficient way from a development point of view.

Thanks all, great package by the way,

Andy McMahon.

Andrew P. McMahon
Theory and Simulation of Materials