[ALPS-users] XML tag expected

Larry Engelhardt engelhardt.larry at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 20:06:20 CET 2017

Dear ALPS list,

I was very excited to see that the new version of ALPS was available for
installation via conda!  I did the conda installation, and I attempted to
run the simple simulation pasted at the bottom of this email (taken from
the ALPS webpage).  The code started to execute, and the input files were
created (parm1.in.xml, parm1.task1.in.xml, parm1.task2.in.xml,
parm1.task3.in.xml).  Then the message "parsing task files ..." was
immediately followed by the message "XML tag expected".  Each of the four
XML input files start with the following two lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="ALPS.xsl"?>
I'm sure that there must be a very simple cause for this problem.  Can
anyone diagnose this for me?

Thanks!
Larry

CODE:

import pyalps

parms = []

for t in [1.5,2,2.5]:

   parms.append(

       {

         'LATTICE'        : "square lattice",

         'T'              : t,

         'THERMALIZATION' : 1000,

         'SWEEPS'         : 100000,

         'UPDATE'         : "cluster",

         'MODEL'          : "Ising",

         'L'              : 8

       }

   )

input_file = pyalps.writeInputFiles('parm1',parms)

pyalps.runApplication('spinmc',input_file,Tmin=5),writexml=True)