Installing problems
Hi All, I got a following error in make step of installation the libraries, *./../src/alps/parameter/parameterlist.C:110: instantiated from here /usr/include/boost/spirit/core/primitives/primitives.hpp:113: error: ISO C++ for bids comparison between pointer and integer make[2]: *** [parameterlist.lo] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user59/alps-1.3.4/lib/alps' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user59/alps-1.3.4/lib' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 *I will be very appreciate If you could please help me. Thanks, Zhian* *
Hi Zhian - it looks like the error is originating in the boost libraries. Perhaps you could try a slightly older, more well tested version of boost (because I don't believe that ALPS requires the latest version). On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 12:09 PM, zhian asadzadeh <zhian.asadzadeh@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,
I got a following error in make step of installation the libraries,
./../src/alps/parameter/parameterlist.C:110: instantiated from here /usr/include/boost/spirit/core/primitives/primitives.hpp:113: error: ISO C++ for bids comparison between pointer and integer make[2]: *** [parameterlist.lo] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user59/alps-1.3.4/lib/alps' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user59/alps-1.3.4/lib' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
I will be very appreciate If you could please help me. Thanks, Zhian
-- -=Miles Stoudenmire=- miles@physics.ucsb.edu miles.stoudenmire@gmail.com http://www.crazytheory.com/
Which compiler are you using and which version of Boost? Maybe setting a flag to let the compiler be more permissive will work. Matthias On 22 Apr 2009, at 12:09, zhian asadzadeh wrote:
Hi All,
I got a following error in make step of installation the libraries,
./../src/alps/parameter/parameterlist.C:110: instantiated from here /usr/include/boost/spirit/core/primitives/primitives.hpp:113: error: ISO C++ for bids comparison between pointer and integer make[2]: *** [parameterlist.lo] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user59/alps-1.3.4/lib/alps' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user59/alps-1.3.4/lib' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
I will be very appreciate If you could please help me. Thanks, Zhian
participants (3)
-
Matthias Troyer
-
Miles Stoudenmire
-
zhian asadzadeh